If you don’t need to travel in rush hour you can choose an Off-Peak ticket and save money.
Everyday great savings
Thameslink has your travel sorted!
Visit the city, the coast or the countryside and save 20%** on Super Off-Peak day return tickets. Entertaining the kids is easy and they can travel with you for just £2 each!
If you’re travelling on a weekday but outside the morning or evening peak times, it’s cheaper to buy an Off-Peak ticket than an Anytime fare.
They’re available as single or day return fares.
Off-Peak times depend on the train company you’re travelling with, where you’re going and when you’re travelling. Use the journey planner to check for Off-Peak services.
Off-Peak at a glance
- Travel Monday-Friday outside busy times
- Travel any time on weekends and Bank Holidays
Off-Peak on Thameslink
Morning peak time
For details of the first Off-Peak train from your station to London please check our journey planner.
Evening peak time
The return part of an Off-Peak ticket can’t be used on northbound services that leave London between 16.30 and 19.01 – but you can use a single Off-Peak or the outward part of a return at these times.
The evening peak restrictions above don’t apply:
- On any southbound train
- On journeys starting south of East Croydon
- On journeys starting and ending north of West Hampstead Thameslink
- On the return portion of tickets from Bedford, Flitwick, Harlington, Leagrave, Luton, Luton Airport Parkway, Harpenden & St Albans City with the destination of London Thameslink or London Zones 1-6.
Save on First Class with your Railcard
Save a 1/3 on Off-Peak fares
** 20% saving is for an adult Super Off-Peak day return, compared to a standard Off-Peak day return ticket. Super Off-Peak adult day return tickets are valid on weekends and Bank Holidays on Thameslink trains.